EditLavender is a must-have in my essential oil collection. I use it daily for various things. Lavender essential oil is extracted from the flowers of the lavender plant, primarily through steam distillation.
Let’s see the real, simple specifics…
Properties: analgesic, antibiotic, antidepressant, antiseptic, sedative, anti-inflammatory, and disinfectant.*
Addresses: acne, allergies, arthritic pain, asthma, bronchitis, burns, colds and flu, cuts and wounds, depression, dermatitis, diarrhea, earache, headaches, herpes, hypertension, indigestion, insect bites, insomnia, migraines, muscle pain, nausea, psoriasis, skin disorders, sore throat, stomach ache, stress, and throat infections.*
It’s so versatile–I love it!!
Here are some of my favorite uses with the most noticeable effects…
- I began adding a few drops of lavender to baby’s coconut oil massage after her nighttime bath. She started sleeping through the night, 9 to 10 hours straight!
- I rub it on my temples for my allergies (along with lemon and peppermint essential oils). Awkward brain fog and sinus pressure gone!
- I applied it to a huge gash hubby got while surfing. It was itchy and oozy (um, ugh). I applied undiluted lavender to it, and followed it with a couple drops of peppermint. It relieved the itching and is helping it heal faster!
- I applied it undiluted to my middle daughter’s scraped knee after she fell. The oil soothed and aided in healing, without having to use triple antibiotic cream!
- I woke up one morning with horrible pain from a blocked milk duct (OUCH). I did the whole warm shower, warm compress, pumping/feeding baby on that side, and massaged a few drops of lavender in some coconut oil over the whole area. It had a mild instantly soothing effect, and the whole issue was history within a couple days!
- Baby had a mild diaper rash, so I added a couple drops of lavender and melaleuca to a little coconut oil to soothe her little red bum. After a few applications, voila–redness and tenderness, gone!
- I add a few drops to the bath. Such a great scent and relaxing effect!
Surely as I continue using this awesome essential oil, I will have many more stories to tell of its wonders. But for now, I am quite happy and VERY excited with how it is helping me and my family naturally. If you are interested in ordering some essential oils, let a fellow mama hook you up, girl!
Feel free to visit my site:
*According to Essentials of the Earth encyclopedia of oils, blends and applications.