This recipe has been used a lot in our house lately. Soothes sensitive tummies and sick kiddos, and makes for an easy meal that can be cooked in bulk and re-heated throughout the week. #Win! 🙂 This is a double recipe, in the amount we usually make it around here, so we can enjoy it for days!
- 12-14 Chicken Drumsticks (you can use chicken breasts instead, for a lower fat recipe; but I find that the extra fat makes the soup extra yummy)
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1 Whole Onion
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice
- 2 cups Frozen Organic Veggie Mix (or fresh peas and diced carrots)
- 1 Whole Bunch of Kale
- 1/2 Head of Small Red Cabbage
- Garlic Powder, Sea Salt and Black Pepper to season
4. When water comes to a boil, immediately turn down to a simmer. Cover.
5. Add 1/2 cup rice, 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 TBSP sea salt to each pot. Cover again.
6. Set timer for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
7. Cool slightly before serving. Add black pepper and more sea salt to taste.
You will notice the soup turns out a bit purplish/reddish because of the red cabbage. If you feel this will weird your kids out, feel free to use regular cabbage instead. 😉
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Would love to hear your feedback.
Stay Healthy, Stay Sexy!