I made this deeelish oatmeal today that is SO simple and yummy, I just had to share. I will preface this by telling you that I eat oatmeal for breakfast every day, with very few exceptions; so I like to switch it up and have a few different go-to oats recipes. Especially now that I’m preggo again, I welcome these kinds of energy boosting-meals! I save this one for the times I am craving something decadent and sexy. Because, really…what’s sexier than strawberries and chocolate??
Here’s the how-to:
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp (unsweetened) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup diced strawberries
- 1 tsp coconut oil OR butter
- Healthy option: 1/4 tsp powdered stevia; OR Traditional option: 1 TBSP cane sugar
1. Cook your oats as usual. I personally prefer cooking them on the stove top instead of in the microwave.
2. Add stevia and coconut oil, or sugar and butter, to cooked oats; mix well.
3. Add cocoa powder and stir until mixed well. Transfer to bowl.
4. Sprinkle cacao nibs and strawberries on top, and enjoy!!
41% Vitamin C*
*Daily % values based on a 2,000 calorie diet