This is what’s for dinner in our house tonight…Healthy chicken taco soup, without the tortilla. This makes it a hearty, high-protein, low-carb dinner! Fab-u-lous!
I’m loving the crock pot, especially on days like today when we’re out all afternoon and the last thing I want to do upon getting home is cook dinner. I know…I don’t exactly sound like the picturesque mom here, but let’s get real, people: a dinner that cooks itself is a dinner we can surely appreciate on days like this! Ready for the details?
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 15 oz of your fave mild (or spicy) salsa
- 1 can regular corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- 2 lbs chicken breast (for a leaner version)
- 1 packet (1 oz) taco seasoning mix
1. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker, adding the seasoning last.
2. Cook on low for 6 hours.
3. If using any other chicken with bone, remove chicken after 4 hours and de-bone, then add again to slow cooker for two more hours.
4. Cool slightly before serving, and add a little mozzarella on top if desired. Enjoy!
Makes 8 Servings