Another of our favorites! Well, really, in case you haven’t noticed…I only share favorites: husband and kid-approved! 😉
To make this delish dinner, you will need to following:
- 3 lbs Chicken (our family prefers dark meat, but chicken breasts also turn out amazing!)
- Coconut Oil (approx. 5-6 TBSP)
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- Sea Salt, Garlic Powder, Chili Powder and Red Pepper Flakes
- Coat bottom of pan with coconut oil, and sprinkle some sea salt all over pan.
- Turn burner on medium-low.
- Place chicken in pan, then sprinkle all spices on top, evenly. Tip: if some members of your family don’t like spicy food (like one of our kids), sprinkle the red pepper flakes on only half or three quarters.
- Cover and simmer on low. Set timer for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, turn chicken pieces and cover again, for 15 more minutes.
- Add broccoli florets to pan, covering in the pan’s oil and spices where possible. Cover and continue cooking for 20 minutes, allowing broccoli to soften and soak up the flavor in the pan.
- Cool slightly, and enjoy!*
*For side dish recipe of mashed cauliflower, look here!
Makes 8 Servings
Per Serving (using chicken breast):