Ahhhh french toast. One of my favorite sweet treats on workout days. Bonus: to make the recipe healthier, the traditional milk and sugar have been eliminated. Don’t worry…it’s still totally delectable!
- 1 Large Slice of Sourdough
- 1 Whole Egg, whisked
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- Splash of Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Butter
- Add cinnamon and vanilla extract to whisked egg in a medium bowl.
- Turn stove on low-medium, and warm skillet. Add 1 tsp butter to pan and melt.
- Cut slice of bread in half, and dip in the egg bowl until bread soaks up as much as possible. Pour any extra little bit of egg evenly over slices.
- Cook like usual, until slightly browned on both sides.
- Top with a little honey, and berries.
Makes 1 serving
Sat. Fat: 3g