Still have ham from your Thanksgiving celebrations? Or maybe you found a ham at a great price post-holiday? Give this high-fiber, high-protein crock pot recipe a try! Takes 10 minutes to prep, then you can set the timer and let dinner take care of itself.
- 1 leftover hambone
- 3 cups ham, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 (15-oz) cans white beans
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 3 cups water
- Salt and black pepper to taste (remember ham will be pretty salty already)
- Any additional garnishes or fresh herbs you like
- Place all ingredients in crock pot
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours (or on high for 3-4 hours)
- Serve, and enjoy!
Makes 6 Servings
Sat. Fat: 0g