As you can probably tell by now, my family loves chicken. Luckily, with as many ways as chicken can be prepared, seasoned and enjoyed, the excitement just doesn’t wear off! Here’s another one of our faves.
- 1-2 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 4-6 Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 large Chard Leaf
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets
- Sea Salt, Chili Powder and Garlic Powder to taste
1. Add coconut oil to a small to medium sized pan. Turn burner on low. Add light layer of sea salt once the oil is melted. Wash chard and broccoli florets and set aside.
2. Add drumsticks, and season the top side with sea salt, chili powder, and garlic powder.
3. Cover and cook for 40 minutes on low, usually the equivalent of setting “2” or “3.”
4. Flip chicken, and carefully layer chard on top of chicken. Sprinkle spices over the chard.
5. Place broccoli florets around chicken, particularly into open areas of coconut oil if possible.
6. Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes
7. Remove lid and let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!